Re: Prepared statements slow in 9.2 still (bad query plan)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Prepared statements slow in 9.2 still (bad query plan)
Дата
Re: Prepared statements slow in 9.2 still (bad query plan)
Список pgsql-performance
Daniel Burbridge <Daniel.Burbridge@publishingtechnology.com> writes:
> I have a problem with prepared statements choosing a bad query plan - I was hoping that 9.2 would have eradicated the
problem:(

9.2 will only pick the "right" plan if that plan's estimated cost is a
good bit cheaper than the "wrong" parameterized plan.  In this case,
not only is there not a lot of difference, but the difference is in the
wrong direction.  You need to fix that --- perhaps increasing stats
targets would help?

A more radical question is whether you have a well-chosen set of indexes
in the first place.  These two seem a bit odd, and certainly not
terribly well matched to this query.

Сообщение: Re: How to upgrade from 9.1 to 9.2 with replication?
Сообщение: Re: How to upgrade from 9.1 to 9.2 with replication?