Re: Enhancement suggestion

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Enhancement suggestion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Dann Corbit" <DCorbit@connx.com> writes:
> Allow ASC/DESC direction modifiers for index columns.

We aren't going to do that, because it would be a meaningless concept
for indexes that don't impose a linear sort order (which is to say,
everything except btrees).  The concept that actually fits into PG's
index structure is to offer reverse-sort-order btree operator classes.
Providing these as standard equipment for all the built-in datatypes
has been discussed several times --- I'm not sure if it's mentioned in
the TODO file but probably it should be.  In the meantime you can cons
up your own reverse order opclass with little effort beyond writing
the one comparison function wrapper.  See the archives for details.