Re: pg_basebackup: errors on macOS on directories with ".DS_Store" files

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: pg_basebackup: errors on macOS on directories with ".DS_Store" files
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> On 29 Apr 2023, at 01:42, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Apr 28, 2023 at 02:11:00PM +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> Thanks!  I've parked it in the July commitfest to keep it from being forgotten
>> about when the tree re-opens.
>
> I'm OK to hold on this patch until v17 opens for business, but isn't
> that something we'd better backpatch at some point?  The behavior of
> the stable branches is kind of annoying, in my opinion.

My thinking is that skipping non-postgres files which really have no business
being there in the first place is a new feature and not a bugfix, but I can see
merit in your argument too.  If the RMT and -hackers have other opinions then
I'm not going to object.

--
Daniel Gustafsson