Re: IPv6 patch

От Larry Rosenman
Тема Re: IPv6 patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

--On Tuesday, January 07, 2003 12:24:41 -0500 Bruce Momjian
<pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:

> Larry Rosenman wrote:
>>

>> --On Tuesday, January 07, 2003 12:20:31 -0500 Tom Lane
>> <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>  wrote:

>> > What is "IPv6 doesn't start"?  Either the machine has IPv6 addresses,
>> > or it doesn't.  It is not our job to notify the DBA what the addresses
>> > on his machine are.
>> In the UnixWare case, you can't even find out if there is an IPv6
>> address,  and
>> the API returns a wierd error, IIRC.
>
> I don't think we care about how IPv6 fails in our code --- we just fall
> back to IPv4.
Ok, just checking.  IIRC, apache2 refused to start BECAUSE of the this
return
prior to Jeff Trawick's change of the check.

If someone wants to try it, I can generate an account.  (Peter E. already
has one).

the machine is finally running a released OS again :-).

LER

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: IPv6 patch
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Have people taken a look at pgdiff yet?