Re: Storing double-byte strings in text fields.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Storing double-byte strings in text fields.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Edmund von der Burg <edmund@ecclestoad.co.uk> writes:
> If the above is not the case will the multi-lingual support fix my
> problems? I tried it out but had problems with the backend crashing on
> certain queries. I'd also rather not use it as it will be easier to port
> my system to other servers if it just needs a plain vanilla install.

Actually, one could fairly say that MULTIBYTE *is* in the plain vanilla
install; it's certainly in all the prebuilt RPMs that we distribute.

If you're seeing problems then the right answer is to attack 'em
head-on, not run away.  File bug reports!