Re: Loading the entire DB into RAM

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Loading the entire DB into RAM
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
"Charles A. Landemaine" <landemaine@gmail.com> writes:
> What I'd like to do is find out how to keep the whole DB in RAM so
> that each time some one does a query, it doesn't use the HDD. Is it
> possible, if so, how?

That should happen essentially for free, if the kernel doesn't have any
better use for the memory --- anything read from disk once will stay in
kernel disk cache.  Perhaps you need to take a closer look at your
kernel VM parameters.  Or maybe you don't have enough RAM yet for both
the DB contents and the processes you need to run.