Re: Add ps display while waiting for wal in read_local_xlog_page_guts

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Add ps display while waiting for wal in read_local_xlog_page_guts
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
sirisha chamarthi <sirichamarthi22@gmail.com> writes:
> pg_create_logical_replication_slot can take longer than usual on a standby
> when there is no activity on the primary. We don't have enough information
> in the pg_stat_activity or process title to debug why this is taking so
> long. Attached a small patch to update the process title while waiting for
> the wal in read_local_xlog_page_guts. Any thoughts on introducing a new
> wait event too?

set_ps_display is a fairly expensive operation on a lot of platforms,
so I'm concerned about the overhead this proposal would add.  However,
getting rid of that pg_usleep in favor of a proper wait event seems
like a good idea.