Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove pgbench "progress" test pending solution of its timing is (fwd)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove pgbench "progress" test pending solution of its timing is (fwd)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> writes:
>> Unfortunately, there was no activity over the last few commitfests and the
>> proposed patch pgbench-tap-progress-6 can't be applied anymore without
>> conflicts. Fabien, what are your plans about it, could you please post a
>> rebased version?

> Here it is.

I'm confused about the intended scope of this patch.  The thread title
refers only to adding a regression test, but the actual patch includes
nontrivial C-code changes, and a skim of the recent discussion suggests
that there are some bug fixes involved.  Please clarify.

As I think I made clear already, I am not in favor of adding more
timing-sensitive regression tests here.  I do not think there is
value commensurate with the risk of intermittent test failures.
However, if we're fixing bugs or poor behavior, that's certainly
worth doing.