Re: TODO item question [pg_hba.conf]

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: TODO item question [pg_hba.conf]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Gevik Babakhani" <pgdev@xs4all.nl> writes:
> I have added the ACL_*_CHR 'D' Is this okay?

That seems an excessively random choice of character for CONNECT
privilege.  I see that 'C' is already taken, but we could use 'c'.

>> Also, you should know that changing this requires a change in
>> CATALOG_VERSION_NO in catversion.h as well.

> Why is this needed? Is this a functional requirement?

It's just something we do to avoid bogus bug reports from people
who haven't initdb'd after something that requires a catalog change.
In this case, since the system would stop working (or at least stop
letting you connect) if you hadn't initdb'd, I think a catversion
bump is indicated.