Re: Memory exhausted in AllocSetAlloc(269039)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Memory exhausted in AllocSetAlloc(269039)
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Roberto Mello <rmello@cc.usu.edu> writes:
> On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 05:43:17PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Seems to run fine in 7.2beta.  Prior versions of plpgsql tended to leak
>> memory within a function call, but that's been worked on in 7.2.

> Would you please ellaborate on this leak? We are using PL/pgSQL heavily
> on OpenACS and these details would help to make a decision to support 7.1
> or push for 7.2.

I don't recall all the details, but some plpgsql constructs would use
memory that wouldn't be reclaimed until function exit.  So if you
had a long-running loop inside a function, you could see memory
problems.

I'm not convinced that 7.2 is *entirely* free of such problems, but it's
a lot better than 7.1 was.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: