Re: How to GROUP results BY month

От Mark Roberts
Тема Re: How to GROUP results BY month
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 07:39 +0200, A. Kretschmer wrote:
> am  Tue, dem 15.07.2008, um 18:15:07 -0700 mailte Mark Roberts
> folgendes:
> >
> > On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 14:31 +0200, A. Kretschmer wrote:
> > > am  Tue, dem 15.07.2008, um 13:12:39 +0100 mailte Oliveiros
> Cristina folgendes:

> basis
> construct?
> > >
> > > ... group by extract(month from date)
> > >

> > > Andreas
> >
> > It's worth noting that extract(month from timestamp) returns a
> month_no, and thus will not be suitable for grouping queries that span
> years.
>
> Right, but that wasn't the question...

Honestly, the way the question was phrased, I'd have assumed that it
wanted to group by month (not group by a group of months).  Jan 08 is
distinct from Jan 07.

Please accept my sincerest apologies if you you feel that I
misinterpreted the question.  I was merely trying to illustrate the
difference between what each approach was.

-Mark

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: