Re: please explain vacuum with WAL

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: please explain vacuum with WAL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2008-07-08 at 13:09 +0500, Dmitry Melekhov wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I tried to ask this question in novice list.
> Just because there are no replies I try here.
> This is really novice question- I'm oracle dba :-)
>
> > I just installed 8.3 with WAL enabled.
> > But I can't understand why postgres generated many archive logs during
> > vacuum, if WAL is enabled.
> > Could you explain?

What do you mean "WAL is enabled"? That's not a term I recognize since
WAL is always enabled.

Best read this
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/routine-vacuuming.html

VACUUM needs to perform writes to clear up, which generates WAL.

От: Dushyanth
Сообщение: Re: [Postgresql 8.2.3] autovacuum starting up even after disabling ?