Re: Query Problem

От Ragnar
Тема Re: Query Problem
Список pgsql-general
On lau, 2008-07-05 at 23:04 +0000, Sheikh Salman Ahmed wrote:
> Hi Fellows
>
> I still have problem to access my databank.It shows syntax problem,I
> am using VC++ 2005 with postgresql 8.3.My table name is Person and it
> has three column,Person ID,first name and last name (testing
> version).whole c++ code is

more precise schema definition would be more helpful

> res = PQexec(conn, "INSERT INTO public.Person VALUES
> (221,'Siddiqi','Umer')");
> It shows no relation between public and person,if i write only
> person ,it show ,Person doesn't exist.

and real error messages are preferred.

As someone already told you a few days ago, the problem
could be that the table was created "Person" (mixed case
with double quotes). you have not confirmed or denied this.

If that is the case, you need to quote the name in your SQL:

  INSERT INTO public."Person" VALUES (221,'Siddiqi','Umer')

(of course, you need to escape those quotes for your c)

If this is not your problem, please suply us with more information, and
someone may be able to help you.

gnari

Сообщение: Re: Installation problem -- another installation is in progress
Сообщение: Re: Installation problem -- another installation is in progress