Re: documenting divergence from the SQL spec

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: documenting divergence from the SQL spec
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Dave Cramer <davecramer@postgres.rocks> writes:
> We have a section in the main docs for conformance
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/features.html
> And then this https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_vs_SQL_Standard for
> divergence.
> I'd like to see the divergence section put into the main docs so that it is
> easier to find.

The individual statement reference pages already have sections for
standards divergences.  Admittedly, that framework doesn't help for
discrepancies that can't be tied to a statement type ... but I don't
think we should throw in duplicative material of this sort.  It's
tough enough to keep one instance of the info up-to-date.  So I'd
want to see some structure for this that respects that existing
set of information.