Re: function likes sprintf

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: function likes sprintf
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Mikhail V. Majorov" <mik@ttn.ru> writes:
> I use plpgsql becase this language permit to use SQL command.
> As I undestand I can't use SQL command from plperl or pltcl. Is it
> right?

Not so --- pltcl has "SPI" commands that let you issue SQL queries.
(plperl seems not to have the equivalent functionality yet, which is
a shame because it really hobbles plperl.)

See the documentation at
http://www.postgresql.org/devel-corner/docs/postgres/programmer-pl.htm
(this is for 7.1 but it mostly applies to the 7.0 release).