Re: Disk filling, CPU filling, renegade inserts and deletes?

От: Tom Lane
Тема: Re: Disk filling, CPU filling, renegade inserts and deletes?
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Disk filling, CPU filling, renegade inserts and deletes?  (Richard Plotkin, )
 Re: Disk filling, CPU filling, renegade inserts and  (Rod Taylor, )
  Re: Disk filling, CPU filling, renegade inserts and  (Richard Plotkin, )
  Re: Disk filling, CPU filling, renegade inserts and deletes?  (Richard Plotkin, )
 Re: Disk filling, CPU filling, renegade inserts and deletes?  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: Disk filling, CPU filling, renegade inserts and deletes?  (Richard Plotkin, )
   Re: Disk filling, CPU filling, renegade inserts and deletes?  (Richard Plotkin, )
    Re: Disk filling, CPU filling, renegade inserts and deletes?  (Alvaro Herrera, )

Richard Plotkin <> writes:
> /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/17234/42791
> /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/17234/42791.1
> /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/17234/42791.2
> /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/17234/42791.3

Well, that is certainly a table or index of some kind.

Go into database 17234 --- if you are not certain which one that is, see
    select datname from pg_database where oid = 17234
and do
    select relname from pg_class where relfilenode = 42791

The only way I could see for this to not find the table is if the table
creation has not been committed yet.  Do you have any apps that create
and fill a table in a single transaction?