Re: [Fwd: Re: dblink patches for comment]

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [Fwd: Re: dblink patches for comment]
Дата
Re: [Fwd: Re: dblink patches for comment]  (Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> you will need to whip up a special-purpose quoting subroutine.

> OK, I see that. I assume I need to care for encoding issues? If so, do I
> assume server encoding or client encoding?

Hoo, good point.  You can assume the database (server) encoding, because
that's what the local encoding is from the point of view of libpq ---
and the code in conninfo_parse knows nothing of encodings anyway.  So
that's a no-op as far as the quoting itself goes.  But that reminds me,
weren't you going to add something to force libpq to set client_encoding
to the database encoding?