Re: BUG #6676: checkpointer does not work by SIGINT.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #6676: checkpointer does not work by SIGINT.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
katsumata.tomonari@po.ntts.co.jp writes:
> Now I'm testing the behavior of checkpointer,
> and I found a difference with PostgreSQL9.1 behavior.

> When I send SIGINT signal to writer process on PostgreSQL9.1,
> writer process starts checkpoint.
> But, when I send SIGINT signal to checkpointer on PostgreSQL9.2beta2,
> checkpointer doesn't start checkpoint.

AFAICT, the checkpointer does consider starting a checkpoint, but it
decides not to do one, because of this recent change:
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git&a=commitdiff&h=18fb9d8d21a28caddb72c7ffbdd7b96d52ff9724

If you had done enough updates since the last checkpoint, it would do
one.  So this isn't a bug, but an intentional reduction in checkpoint
frequency.  (Note that sending SIGINT is not, and never has been,
equivalent to forcing a checkpoint.)