Re: check for missing tablespaces?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: check for missing tablespaces?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> ... and do what?

> In general, I think I'd probably prefer normal database startup to fail
> if a tablespace is missing. That way I will know about it right then and
> can remedy it. This is something that is much more likely to happen than
> an arbitrary missing file, ISTM, and at the same time the check would be
> much easier than looking for an arbitrary file. At the very least we
> could issue a warning.

So what you're imagining is

* iterate through each symlink in $PGDATA/pg_tblspc
* check that PG_VERSION exists (and has the right contents??) in each pointed-to directory
* fail if not

I guess this is reasonable, since we make a similar check for the core
data directory itself.  Watch out for the initdb sequence though.

Сообщение: Re: check for missing tablespaces?
Сообщение: Re: check for missing tablespaces?