Re: pgxs question - linking c-functions to external libraries

От johnduffy@f2s.com
Тема Re: pgxs question - linking c-functions to external libraries
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom

Thanks for the reply. My GSL libraries, 'libgsl' and 'libgslcblas', are in the
/usr/lib directory as GSL and the GSL development files were installed via
Fedora 8 RPM's. I'm a relative newbie to programming, so I thought the -L
switch is only required to add a non-standard library location to the
directories searched for libraries.

I will give it a go.

Thanks

John

Quoting Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:

> johnduffy@f2s.com writes:
> > My functions compile fine using PGXS, but don't link against the GSL
> libraries.
> > How do I specify the GSL libraries as external libraries to link against in
> the
> > PGXS Makfile? I have tried the following which don't work:
>
> > PG_CPPFLAGS = -lgsl -lgslcblas
> > PG_LIBS = -lgsl -gslcblas
> > SHLIB_LINK = -lgsl -gslcblas
>
> > My PGXS makefile is:
>
> > MODULES pg_gsl
> > PGXS := $(shell $(PG_CONFIG) --pgxs)
> > include $(PGXS)
>
> SHLIB_LINK is the right thing for MODULES.  Maybe you forgot a -L
> switch?
>
>             regards, tom lane

Сообщение: Re: Vacuuming on heavily changed databases
Сообщение: Re: Vacuuming on heavily changed databases