Re: Duplicate paragraph

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Duplicate paragraph
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> On Mon, May 24, 2021 at 09:35:49PM -0700, David G. Johnston wrote:
>> They are two different things, as evidenced by there being two different
>> sections with different section headings, that use the same fundamental writing
>> rules.

> We have gotten reports about this perceived duplication before --- not
> sure how we can improve things.

Yeah, I was just thinking the same.  The rules *are* largely the same,
by design, so the text is necessarily going to be pretty similar.
But merging these sections doesn't sound like an improvement.

One thing we could easily do is not use isomorphic examples in the two
sections.  For example, instead of illustrating how to spell "data" in
both forms, use "name" as the example for the identifier case.