Re: Do TEMP Tables have an OID? Can this be a problem if used too frequently?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Do TEMP Tables have an OID? Can this be a problem if used too frequently?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Raymond O'Donnell" <rod@iol.ie> writes:
> On 30/04/2009 10:01, Phil Couling wrote:
>> If so am I right to assume that, if the function is used too frequently,
>> it could cause the database to crash by wraping OIDs?

> I'd imagine that this depends on how often the database is VACUUMed.

Wrapping around the OID counter does not create any problem in any
reasonably modern version of Postgres.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: recover corrupt DB?
От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: Connecting to a postgreSQL database with windows CE over wi-fi; failing gracefully