Re: Thoughts about updateable views

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Thoughts about updateable views
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bernd Helmle <mailings@oopsware.de> writes:
> Currently no SQL spec handy (i will have one soon) ,

BTW, I find that the SQL92 spec is vastly more readable than SQL99,
partly because it's vastly shorter, and partly because the SQL99 authors
seem to have been into unnecessary formalism and obscurantism.  It's
usually a good idea to read SQL92 first to see what the feature is
actually intended to do, before you try to make sense of SQL99's
treatment.

You can find draft copies of both the 92 and 99 specs for free on the
web (I think there are links in our developer's FAQ).  I tend to use
these even though I have the official PDFs, mainly because plain ASCII
text is much easier to search than a PDF.