Re: Can't find compile-time options

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Can't find compile-time options
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
"Josh Berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> I'm trying to do a custom compile of Postgresql and I can't find the
> compile-time options file.  It's named something obscure and the name of
> the file isn't in the online documentation anywhere.

> Can we please, please, please add this to the online docs?

I think that Peter probably deliberately removed all reference to it
from the docs ;-).  In src/Makefile.global.in I find:

# This includes your local customizations if Makefile.custom exists
# in the source directory.  This file doesn't exist in the original
# distribution so that it doesn't get overwritten when you upgrade.
#
# NOTE:  Makefile.custom is from the pre-Autoconf days of PostgreSQL.
# You are liable to shoot yourself in the foot if you use it without
# knowing exactly what you're doing.  The preferred (and more
# reliable) method is to communicate what you want to do to the
# configure script, and leave the makefiles alone.

-include $(top_srcdir)/src/Makefile.custom
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Can't find compile-time options
Сообщение: Re: Can't find compile-time options