Re: Spotting planner errors (was Re: Query planner is using wrong index.)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Spotting planner errors (was Re: Query planner is using wrong index.)
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> Tom - does the planner/executor know it's got row estimates wrong? That
> is, if I'm not running an EXPLAIN ANALYSE is there a point at which we
> could log "planner estimate for X out by factor of Y"?

Not at the moment, but you could certainly imagine changing the executor
to count rows even without EXPLAIN ANALYZE, and then complain during
plan shutdown.

Not sure how helpful that would be; there would be a lot of noise from
common cases such as executing underneath a LIMIT node.