Re: best way to run maintenance script

От: Vinubalaji Gopal
Тема: Re: best way to run maintenance script
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

best way to run maintenance script  (Vinubalaji Gopal, )
 Re: best way to run maintenance script  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
  Re: best way to run maintenance script  (Vinubalaji Gopal, )
   Re: best way to run maintenance script  (Tom Lane, )
    Re: best way to run maintenance script  (Vinubalaji Gopal, )
     Re: best way to run maintenance script  (Gregory Stark, )
   Re: best way to run maintenance script  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
    Re: best way to run maintenance script  (Vinubalaji Gopal, )
 Re: best way to run maintenance script  (Peter Eisentraut, )

> I think you will find if you do it the right way, which is to say the
> way that it is meant to be done with the configurable options, your
> life will be a great deal more pleasant than some one off hack.

yeah I agree. The pg_maintanence script which calls vacuum and analyze
is the one of the thing that is causing more problems. I am trying out
various vacuum options (vacuum_cost_limit, vacuum_cost_delay) and
finding it hard to understand the implications of the variables. What
are the optimal values for the vacuum_* parameters - for a really active
database (writes at the rate of ~ 50 rows/seconds).

I started with
vacuum_cost_delay = 200
vacuum_cost_limit = 400

and that did not help much.

--
Vinu

Сообщение: Re: best way to run maintenance script
Сообщение: Re: best way to run maintenance script