Oh btw, about XXX

От Tom Lane
Тема Oh btw, about XXX
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Don Baccus <dhogaza@pacifier.com> writes:
> I think this probably explains some of the editorial comments about the
> code.  There seem to be some added by "XXX" - is that person part of the
> current clan of developers?  Comments like "This code is a crock because..."

XXX isn't a signature, it's a conventional marker for a "Hey! This is
broken! FIX ME!" kind of comment.  I think the original idea was you
could do "grep XXX *.c" if you were idly looking for problems to work
on.  Some projects use "FIXME" in the same way.

The only signatures I've seen in the Postgres code are initials at the
ends of comments.  XXX usually goes at the front of a gripe.