Re: Producer/Consumer Issues in the COPY across network

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Producer/Consumer Issues in the COPY across network
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2008-02-28 at 15:39 +0100, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

> That's why I was wondering about the rows per packet. Sending bigger
> packets reduces overall overhead.
>
> (The malloc/free per row doesn't seem too efficient.)

I guess neither of us know then. Oh well. That's good 'cos it sounds
like something worth looking into if anybody has a protocol sniffer and
some time. I'll skip on that test 'cos its not really my area.

--  Simon Riggs 2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com