Re: UUID v7

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: UUID v7
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:
> On 6 Jul 2023, at 15:29, Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sure, it's earlier than the actual release of
>> the standard, but that wasn't a blocker for SQL features that were
>> considered finalized either.

> I can't speak for any SQL standard features we've committed before being
> standardized, it's for sure not the norm for the project.

We have done a couple of things that way recently.  An important
reason why we felt we could get away with that is that nowadays
we have people who actually sit on the SQL committee and have
reliable information on what's likely to make it into the final text
of the next version.  I don't think we have equivalent visibility or
should have equivalent confidence about how UUID v7 standardization
will play out.