Re: AutoCommit mode in PostgreSQL (7.3 beta1 from CVS 05.09.2002)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: AutoCommit mode in PostgreSQL (7.3 beta1 from CVS 05.09.2002)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> snpe wrote:
>> This is fine, but if I don't call commit and exit from plsql, PostgreSQL do
>> rollback.Can I change this behavior.

> I assume this is 7.3beta.  What does the SQL standard say about exit
> from a sesion without commit?  There is currently no way to change that
> behavior.

I don't think there should be.  Autocommit on exit is sheer folly: what
if it's an accidental disconnect?  (network fails, you type \q when you
meant \w, or whatever.)  You might as well have autocommit on as run
an "autocommit off" session that will commit when you did not explicitly
tell it to.