Re: preserving db/ts/relfilenode OIDs across pg_upgrade (was Re: storing an explicit nonce)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: preserving db/ts/relfilenode OIDs across pg_upgrade (was Re: storing an explicit nonce)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> It seems to me that what this comment is saying is that OIDs in the
> second and third categories are doled out by counters. Therefore, we
> can't know which of those OIDs will get used, or how many of them will
> get used, or which objects will get which OIDs. Therefore, I think we
> should go back to the approach that you were using for template0 and
> handle both that database and postgres using that method. That is,
> assign an OID manually, and make sure unused_oids knows that it should
> be counted as already used.

Indeed.  If you're going to manually assign OIDs to these databases,
do it honestly, and put them into the range intended for that purpose.
Trying to take short-cuts is just going to cause trouble down the road.