Re: multibyte-character aware support for function "downcase_truncate_identifier()"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: multibyte-character aware support for function "downcase_truncate_identifier()"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> writes:
> I'm not sure I understand the danger if a user creates an object in a
> database with a particular encoding and locale using that locale for
> downcasing in the future.

The case I was worried about is dumping from one database and reloading
into another one with a different locale.  Although I suppose there are
enough *other* reasons why that might fail that adding changes of
downcasing behavior might not be a big deal.