Re: string casting for index usage

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: string casting for index usage
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Michael Adler <adler@pobox.com> writes:
> In porting an application from v7.2 and v7.3, I noticed that a join on a varchar column and a text column was
ignoringindices that were helpful in v7.2. When I explicitly cast the text to a varchar (or set ENABLE_SEQSCAN TO
false)the index is scanned and it works as efficiently as in v7.2.

Maybe you should be moving to 7.4, instead.

A desultory test didn't show any difference between 7.2.4 and 7.3.6
in this respect, however.  Perhaps you forgot to ANALYZE yet in the
new database?

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] fsync method checking
От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] fsync method checking