Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly
Дата
Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly  (Rich Shepard <rshepard@appl-ecosys.com>)
Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly  (Ricardo Junior <suga@netbsd.com.br>)
Список pgsql-general
>> Post-gres-Q-L ... again, that is difficult to pronounce in what way?  Or

> I think the problem is that PostgreSQL is both a name and an acronym,
> mixed into single word.  Postgres is a name, SQL is an acronym,
> PostgreSQL is both.  That is where people get confused.

The problem is that the typography makes it look like the split should
be "Postgre / SQL".  I can see exactly why people think the name portion
is "Postgre" --- it's not at all apparent that the "S" is part of both
parts of the word, until you've been told.

Had we capitalized the name like "PostgresQL" maybe the correct
pronunciation would be more obvious.