Re: nodeAgg perf tweak

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: nodeAgg perf tweak
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> I've attached a quick and dirty hack that avoids the need to palloc()
> and pfree() for every tuple produced by the aggregate's transition
> function.

And how badly does it leak memory?  I do not believe this patch is
tenable.

Something that occurred to me the other morning in the shower is that we
could trivially inline MemoryContextSwitchTo() when using gcc, much as
you did for list_length().  I haven't gotten around to doing it but it
seems like a free percent-or-two improvement.