Re: A select DISTINCT query? - followup Q

От Phil Rhoades
Тема Re: A select DISTINCT query? - followup Q
Дата
Список pgsql-general
People,

> select count(*) as cnt, name from tst group by name having count(*) = 1

This worked for my basic example but not for my actual problem - I get
"column comment must appear in the GROUP BY clause or be used in an
aggregate function" errors so I have a related question:

With table:

name comment

1    first comment
2    second comment
3    third comment
3    fourth comment
4    fifth comment
5    sixth comment

- how can I use something like the previous select statement but where
the comment field does not appear in the "group by" clause and gives the
following result:

1    first comment
2    second comment
4    fifth comment
5    sixth comment

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

Pricom Pty Limited  (ACN 003 252 275  ABN 91 003 252 275)
GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW      2001
Australia
Fax:     +61:(0)2-8221-9599