Re: dynamic table naming in function

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: dynamic table naming in function
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Matthew Peter <survivedsushi@yahoo.com> writes:
> Out of curiosity, I was wondering if it is possible to
> use dynamic table names in a function?

In plpgsql, you can do this by building dynamic query strings and
EXECUTE'ing them.  Most of the other PLs don't cache query plans
at all, and so all queries are effectively EXECUTE'd and there's
no issue.

You'll want to read up on quote_literal and quote_ident to help
you in building correct query strings.