Re: Buildfarm update to Python 3 needed

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Buildfarm update to Python 3 needed
Дата
Список buildfarm-members
I wrote:
> Per recent discussions on pgsql-hackers [1], we are intending
> to desupport Python 2 in Postgres beginning in v15.  This means
> that for buildfarm animals to build/test plpython, it will soon
> be necessary for them to have a Python 3 installation.

We ran a small test case to see which buildfarm members are ready
for this changeover, by seeing what happens if python3 is chosen
by configure.  Here's the results.

These animals have python3, but failed to find an associated
Python.h (this likely means you need to install python3-dev
or local equivalent, not just the base package):

ayu
bonito
bufflehead
butterflyfish
cavefish
chimaera
gadwall
grison
hippopotamus
jay
massasauga
myna
pintail
snakefly
takin
urocryon

These animals definitely don't have python3 installed:

buri
clam
curculio
dhole
quokka
rhinoceros
scoter

These animals possibly don't have python3 installed (they didn't
run yesterday, so I'm not sure):

bichir
chipmunk
mantid
skate
snapper
topminnow

Also two special cases:

haddock has a python3, but apparently it's 64-bit and so won't
work in a 32-bit Postgres build.

guaibasaurus failed like this:

checking for python3... /usr/bin/python3
configure: using python 3.7.3 (default, Jan 22 2021, 20:04:44)
checking for Python distutils module... yes
checking Python configuration directory... Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'distutils.sysconfig'

Seems to also be a missing-package issue, but I'm not sure what.

All the other active animals seem to be ready to go.

            regards, tom lane

В списке buildfarm-members по дате отправления: