Re: WARNINGs after starting backup server created with PITR

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: WARNINGs after starting backup server created with PITR
Дата
Re: WARNINGs after starting backup server created with PITR  (Erik Jones <erik@myemma.com>)
Список pgsql-general
> In any case, 125 different zeroed pages is pretty hard to explain
> by such a mechanism (especially if they were scattered rather than
> in contiguous clumps).

Can you show us the messages, so we can understand the distribution of
the pages?

Are there different numbers of rows in the two tables? Just a select
count(*) might do, but any way you have of verifying data between the
two systems would be very useful.

The page numbers are identical between both systems, so use the
contrib/pageinspect get_raw_page() function to record the contents on
both systems before they diverge too much. (BTW, the final commit of
those tools seems to have removed the docs I wrote for the original
version and haven't been replaced with a README -- huh!?).

create table bad_blocks as select <blockid> as blockid,
get_raw_page(<relname>, <blockid>)::bytea as raw_page;

I've got a bad feeling about rsync. Mason's recent problems used rsync
and so far they are not properly explained, except as a hardware
problem.

--
  Simon Riggs
  2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com