PHP and Postgres arrays

От Yannick Warnier
Тема PHP and Postgres arrays
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I've been searching (not very thoroughly, but still) for a way to get
Postgres arrays right into PHP arrays, but it seems that the Postgres
driver simply doesn't allow that.

The only solution seems to use some user-defined functions[1] to split
the result of a query (a string) into a PHP array.

Some Perl-related readings [2] seem to say that Postgres actually
provides a string, loosing the possibility to get it as an array, but
these comments date back to 2005.

Any chance someone around here might tell me more about this and
possibly give me some better way to get those arrays than copy-pasting
the user-proposed PHP functions?

Thanks,

Yannick Warnier

[1] http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.pgsql.php#58660