Re: [HACKERS] WIP Patch: Pgbench Serialization and deadlock errors

От Marina Polyakova
Тема Re: [HACKERS] WIP Patch: Pgbench Serialization and deadlock errors
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

>> > I can't quite parse that sentence, could you restate?
>>
>> The way I read it was that the most interesting solution would retry
>> a transaction from the beginning on a serialization failure or
>> deadlock failure.
>
> As far as I understand her proposal, it is exactly the opposite -- if a
> transaction fails, it is discarded.  And this P.S. note is asking
> whether this is a good idea, or would we prefer that failing
> transactions are retried.

Yes, I have meant this, thank you!

> I think it's pretty obvious that transactions that failed with
> some serializability problem should be retried.

Thank you voted :)

--
Marina Polyakova
The Russian Postgres Company

От: Marina Polyakova
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] WIP Patch: Pgbench Serialization and deadlock errors
От: Etsuro Fujita
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Bug in ExecModifyTable function and trigger issues forforeign tables