Re: Maximum size of database

От Matthias.Pitzl@izb.de
Тема Re: Maximum size of database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
What disk subsystem do you have? Single disks? Raid? Raid with battery buffered write cache?
Last one can improve your performance massively.

-- Matthias
-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of roopa perumalraja
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 8:10 AM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Cc: Michael Fuhr
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Maximum size of database

Thanks for your reply.

I have answered your questions below.

1 & 2) System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
          Version 2002
          Computer: Intel Pentium CPU 3.40GHz, 960MB of RAM

3) shared_buffers = 20000
    autovaccum = on

4) Yes, I am vacuuming & analyzing the database once every day.

5) No concurrent activities, means I run one command at a time.

6) Nothing else running on the box other than Postgres.

I hope these answers will try to solve my problem. Thanks again.

Roopa