Re: [SPAM] Re: Hardware recommendation: which is best

От Franz.Rasper@izb.de
Тема Re: [SPAM] Re: Hardware recommendation: which is best
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>Scenario 1, SATAII:
>
>- Server: Asus RS120-E4/PA4 Dedicated Server
>- CPU: Single -- Intel Quad Core Xeon Processor x3210 Processor 2.13Ghz
>- RAM: 4Gb DDR2 Memory 667Mhz
>- Hard disk: 4 x Seagate ES SATAII HardDrive 7200RPM 250Gb (Total 500Gb)
>- Raid 10: 3Ware Raid 9650SE: http://www.acnc.com/04_01_10.html
>

>Scenario 2, SCSI:
>
>- Server: IBM e326m 1U Rackmount server
>- CPU: Double -- Opteron 275 is 2 x 2.2GHz, with 2 x 1MB L2 Cache
>- RAM: 4Gb PC3200 ECC Registered
>- Hard disk: 2 x 300GB SCSI 10K RPM
>- Raid 1: LSI Logic

Dont know anything about the LSI Logic controller, but
if it have battery backup write cache (at least 256 MB)
I would go with the IBM System. If am not wrong the harddisk
are hot swapable and you will get probably a better support.
Ask if you can get one for testing (normally IBM does it).

Some Questions:
Can you get Opterons with an higher cpu clock frequency ?
( >= 2.6 GHz)
Can you get 15K RPM SCSI disks ?

Greetings,

-Franz

Сообщение: Re: Hardware recommendation: which is best
Сообщение: Re: Hardware recommendation: which is best