[GENERAL] data transformation and replication

От Armand Pirvu (home)
Тема [GENERAL] data transformation and replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi

Here it is a scenario which I am faced with  and I am hoping to find a pointer/tip/help

db1 is the OLTP system
db2 is the Reporting system

The data from db1 needs to get to db2, but the database on those two have tables with different layout/structure and
hencedata will need to suffer some transformation in between in real time

I was looking at something like

db1 -> db2 replicates the same set of tables and with the same structures using pglogical for example
db2.tbl1 -> db2.tbl2 data gets massages/transformed based on what replicates from db1.tbl1 using triggers and functions

Other than that I reckon db1 -> db2 would be trigger based using something like slonik maybe (?) and data
massage/transformationgets moved from db2 to db1 machine and then db1.tbl2 -> db2.tbl2 using pglogical

Is this doable ? If so any pointers as to where to look about it ?

Many thanks
Armand