Re: Postgres Migration from Postgres 9.0 on Windows to Postgres 10.0 on Linux

От Andreas Kretschmer
Тема Re: Postgres Migration from Postgres 9.0 on Windows to Postgres 10.0 on Linux
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On 8 June 2018 07:55:26 CEST, Peter Neave <Peter.Neave@jims.net> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I’ve been tasked with migrating our production database from Postgres
>9.0 on Windows to Postgres 10.0 on Linux. I’ve used pg_dump and
>pg_restore and it works fine but the time taken for my dry run of the
>migration is about 12 hours (8 hours backup and 4 hours restore)
>
>What can I do to reduce the migration time so that I can get production
>up and running again as soon as possible? I have the option to upgrade
>either machine if that helps and in that case what would help most
>faster disk IOPS? RAM? CPU?

You can use the pg_dump from the linux-box to take the dump using directory-format and multiple processes, and also
multipleprocesses for the restore.

You can also try to use a trigger-based replication (londiste, slony) to build a replication from 9.0 to 10, but i'm
notsure if those tools are available under windows.

Regards, Andreas

--
2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company

От: Thomas Kellerer
Сообщение: Re: Postgres Migration from Postgres 9.0 on Windows to Postgres 10.0on Linux
От: Stephen Froehlich
Сообщение: RE: Postgres Migration from Postgres 9.0 on Windows to Postgres 10.0on Linux