AW: New SQL Datatype RECURRINGCHAR

От Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Тема AW: New SQL Datatype RECURRINGCHAR
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> My feeling is that the restrictions are stringent enough to eliminate
> most of the interesting uses of views, and hence an automatic rule
> creation feature is not nearly as useful/important as it appears at
> first glance.

The most prominent of the "interesting uses" probably beeing when the views
are part of the authorization system, since views are the only standardized
mechanism to restrict access at the row level. Imho not to be neglected.
(user xxx is only allowed to manipulate rows that belong to his department,
so he is only granted access to a view, not the main table)

Andreas