AW: vacuum

От Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Тема AW: vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>     Is there a relative consensus for how often to run vacuum? I have a
> table of about 8 columns that I fill with 100,000 items simply via a "\i
> alarms.sql". After 1,000 items or so it gets extremely slow to fill with
> data, and will take over a day to fill the entire thing unless I run vacuum
> once a minute.

You will have to tell us, what exactly your alarms.sql does, and what indexes
your table has. Above behavior is certainly not to be expected in general,
especially the "vacuum once a minute" is highly suspicious.

For a series of insert only statements, the vacuum is not supposed to help at
all, thus there must be an update hidden somewhere.

Andreas