AW: AW: AW: AW: Re: tinterval - operator problems on AI X

От Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Тема AW: AW: AW: AW: Re: tinterval - operator problems on AI X
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > The correct thing to do instead of the #if defined (_AIX) would be to use
> > something like #ifdef NO_NEGATIVE_MKTIME and set that with a configure.
> > Thomas, are you volunteering ?
>
> Actually, I can volunteer to be supportive of your efforts ;) I'm
> traveling at the moment, and don't have the original thread(s) which
> describe in detail what we need to do for platforms I don't have.
>
> If Peter E. would be willing to do a configure test for this mktime()
> problem, then you or I can massage the actual code. Peter, is this
> something you could pick up?
>
> I do not have the original thread where Andreas describes the behavior
> of mktime() on his machine. Andreas, can you suggest a simple configure
> test to be used?

#include <time.h>
int main()
{   struct tm tt, *tm=&tt;   int i = -50000000;   tm = localtime (&i);   i = mktime (tm);   if (i != -50000000)   /* on
AIXthis check could also be (i == -1) */   {       printf("ERROR: mktime(3) does not correctly support datetimes before
1970\n");      return(1);   }

}

Andreas