AW: Re: [BUGS] UPPER and LOWER dosen't work correctly o n special caracters (umlauts)

От Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Тема AW: Re: [BUGS] UPPER and LOWER dosen't work correctly o n special caracters (umlauts)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > The Upper- and the lower function don't convert the german
> umlauts (ü.ä.ö.) but leave them in their original condition
>
> Gert (or anyone): what should the result be? I'm German-impaired, so
> you'll need to be more specific. Did you compile with locale
> turned on?
> Multi-byte character sets??

We usually use ISO8859-1 which is single byte.

> Which byte codes correspond to the lower-
> and upper-case umlaut characters???

lower --> upper
ä    Ä
ö    Ö
ü    Ü

Current CVS does this correctly when compiled with --enable-locale,
so imho we don't have a bug here, since we can't do this sort of thing without locale.

Andreas

PS: Thomas, can you please forward to the report originator.