AW: AW: more corruption

От Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Тема AW: AW: more corruption
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> > vacuum new db
> > (I would do a tar backup of the whole old db)
> > vacuum old db, if that is possible
>
> Was not possible.

> > > directory into the
> >
> > if above vacuum old db was not possible copy old pg_log
>
> Oops - I didn't do that.

> Actually, the vacuum seemed to be running forever making no
> progress so
> I killed it.

> I vacuumed here and it worked. I did not use my "old" pg_log
> file - what
> did I lose?

Tuples that have been inserted/updated/deleted after last vacuum
in old db assume that the corresponding txn has to be rolled back.
Since your vacuum on old db only did half the db, that half will be current,
but the rest will be old, thus you loose consistency.

One of the core please confirm.

Andreas